I’m Anneka, and I’m an artist. I make very detailed drawings using fineliner pens and pencil reflecting my interest and exploration of various ideas.
I’m particularly interested in geometry and nature, and am fascinated by the mathematical design within plants and flowers.
The vast majority of my drawings contain themes surrounding the notion of feeling separate, and a search to find connection.
BA Hons Fine Art Degree from Staffordshire University
- Broadway Arts Festival, John Noott Gallery Watercolour Competition First Prize Winner 2022
- Cock Harbour Gallery, South Littleton, 2022
- Illustrated poetry anthology, ‘One Hundred Memories’, for Alzheimer’s Society, 2019
- Book cover ‘The Sunder of the Octagon’ @ Comic Con, Maidstone, Kent, 2012
- Warwickshire Open Studios, Aspect Consultants, Empire House, Leamington Spa, 2017
- Warwickshire Open Studios, Deasil Gallery, Leamington Spa, 2016
- Wirksworth Festival, Derby, 2015
- Biennial Open Exhibition, Royal Pump Rooms, Leamington Spa, 2012
- Severance Exhibition, collaboration with Neil Moore, Bo.Lee Gallery, Bath & StudioEleven, Hull, 2011
My drawings were scouted by actor Alex Sharp, and subsequently some of my pieces are in the 2017 film ‘To The Bone’.
Alex, Lily Collins, Keanu Reeves, Carrie Preston and Marti Noxon all own originals of my work.
One thing i can state with no shadow of a doubt, is that drawing is who I am and what I do. This has never wavered throughout life’s ups and downs, and i see no reason why it won’t continue to develop throughout the duration of my life.